Monday, November 16, 2015

Best Accessory a Girl Could Ask For

I've never really been good at accessorizing, or even matching colours or patterns together. So, I just never bothered wearing jewelry or "fancy clothes." I stuck to the good old t-shirt and jeans style and it's been working out perfectly fine for me. Until I started wearing scarves. It's the perfect accessory for someone like me who doesn't do jewelry and can't match patterns.

When I was younger, I hated wearing scarves. I found them itchy and constricting and I was always tripping on them. Winter clothes were already bulky enough that I didn't need the extra obstacle! But I grew up and the snow pants were no long needed... I shed the bulk and the scarves became essential.  It started with one... and next thing you know? I have 10. Obviously ten isn't a lot compared to other people, but for me, it's a lot. Now it's become my favourite accessory! I still haven't gotten to the point of wearing a scarf during the summer.... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One of these I got as a birthday gift from a close friend, another is made of a recycled sari, another I got in Germany, another is hand dyed and another I wore at my aunt's wedding. Almost every one of these has a story, which may explain why I only have 10. I love all of them! My favourite accessory.

What is YOUR favourite accessory? Does it have a story behind it?

2 comments :

  1. I'm a scarf hoarder too! I like mixing and matching them with my outfits :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! And they become so useful during the winter!

      Delete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog