Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why I Don't Vote.

There's a municipal election coming up in Winnipeg and I will not be voting. People keep asking me why and I thought I would answer that.
via

I don't care about politics. Some people don't care about rap music or action movies, and I have no interest in politics. Never have. That being said, I know nothing of what's going on.
I don't even know who the candidates are,
I don't even know WHEN the election is!

I mean, I could definitely try and be interested, but I don't feel like it. I just can't be bothered. I've always hated those high school-type popularity contests and that's all politics are to me. Politicians never actually answer any questions and there's nothing I hate more than people who circle around and can't be straight up.
So my logic is, why would I go vote if I know less than nothing about what/who I would be voting for?

And yes, I do realize that every vote counts, that I would have no right to complain if I don't vote, and that's kind of the point....
Even just having a debate on why I don't vote and why I should vote irritates me, so why in the world would I sit listening to debates about taxes and fixing the roads?

The only reason I would vote for someone, Joe Bob, for example, is because my parents are telling me he's the right guy, but then again, I wouldn't be thinking for myself, now would I?

Anyway, that's just my two cents. You can judge me or try to convince me to go vote and tell me voting is important (I know it is), that's totally fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.
Do you vote? Why or why not?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog