Monday, April 14, 2014

Halfie Update: Weeks 7 and 8: Never Ending Injuries

I've been training for two months already! I can't believe how fast time is going by!

It seems like I have hopped on the Injury-Train and can't stop getting injured! Before, it was shin splints, and now it's my knee and lower back. I went to the clinic to get it checked out, and they were super rude, but whatever. Anyway, they said that I irritated my hamstring tendon and my lower back, and that I should put ice on it and take Advil. ...Isn't THAT great advice. I also got a prescription for physio, so at least that's progress!

Anyway, so week 8 was a total disaster, training-wise. I was so busy with school, that I almost forgot to eat and so you can see why I didn't manage to go running. I went for one run on Tuesday and then my long run on Saturday, which was also terrible. I was way too hot and my knee hurt, so it definitely could have been better.
And.... Well I got a sunburn. There's still snow on the ground.... Yeah.

Up to now, I've run over 112 miles, lost 10 pounds and I feel amazing! There's only 3 weeks left before the half marathon, and I can't wait. Bring it on!

4 comments :

  1. it has never ceased to amaze me how i can get a sunburn when theres snow on the ground. it just doesnt seem fair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - that sunburn looks so painful!

    You're in the home stretch of training - it hurts now, but I'm sure it will be worth it once you cross that finish line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely more embarrassing than painful! It took me a good three hours to notice it was there...
    I'm definitely feeling the momentum of the last few weeks of training! I can't wait to show off that finisher's medal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right! It's awful. Last week I got a sunburn, and this week I got frostbite...

    ReplyDelete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog