Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sushi Story

I'm really hungry right now, and I found these pictures from about two weeks ago when I went for sushi with Jessica and I thought I would share my love of sushi.
My mom has always had this obsession with foreign cultures, specifically Japanese and Indian. She then started making sushis at home; she bought the sushi plates and everything, and all the rolling tools. I would watch her and eat the sticky rice, but make a face at the idea of eating seaweed and raw fish. Gross right? Right! Not only that, but vegetables?! Yuck.
She "forced" me to try one, with just salmon and I was surprised at how good it was! It had a strange texture that I wasn't used to, but it really wasn't too bad! So for years, she made these special salmon-only sushi for me, while the rest of my family ate the veggie-filled ones, with tuna, or california rolls. I was perfectly content with my little salmon rolls. Eventually, my taste started changing and I became adventurous. (Whaaaaa!) I tried a salmon roll with veggies, then a california roll, and omg, I was hooked.

I've tried a lot of different things, from chicken to octopus and let me tell you, there's nothing better.

2 comments :

  1. Oh, yum! Okay, I haven't had sushi in months.... I need to remedy that soon! :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://awriterinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how healthy it is! Makes it easier not to feel guilty about eating so much!

    ReplyDelete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog